Re: Open source data modeling tools for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson
Subject Re: Open source data modeling tools for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> I am looking for an open source / free data modeling tool for PostgreSQL.
>
> It should - if possible - support:
> - E-R-Modelling
> - relational data model / modeling
> - GUI SQL interface to the database
>
> Does anybody know some tools that match my criteria?

        The following may meet your needs:

                Druid, The Database Manager
                http://sourceforge.net/projects/druid/

        There's also a front-end tool for general database management (only
the GUI part, no modelling as far as I know) that you may find useful too:

                SQuirreL SQL Client
                http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/

        Both of these tools are open source, free, and as a bonus are written
100% in Java so they work on all major Operating Systems, PDAs, etc.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.