Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson
Subject Re: [OT... But couldn't resist!] Master/Slave
Date
List pgsql-general
> Sorry, a little OT... But couldn't resist..
>
> You guys building replication systems may have to have a terminology
> rethink...
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/25/0014257&mode=thread&tid=103&t
> id= 133&tid=186&tid=99

        The above article leads to this page:

                Master/Slave
                http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp

        After reading "...someone within the County bureaucracy � a person who
probably didn't understand computer terminology � had taken offense at
'master/slave' references and complained to the board..." I couldn't help but
laugh at the idea that someone's not getting along with their dominatrix.  =D

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.