Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
List pgsql-general
>>Here's an interesting response from mysql.com sales.  Frankly, I don't see
>>how using it on multiple internal servers violates the GPL?!?:
>
> You're talking to a sales droid, a suit, someone whose brain
> cells have died off because his tie was tied to tight.
[sNip]

        That's an official answer from the company, and it should be treated as
such.  If you think an employee is spreading mis-information, then you should
contact the company directly and ask for further clarification with a short
explanation of your doubts about the information you were provided.

        Making insults to discredit someone because you don't like their
official response due to their job title is a childish tactic that doesn't
help anyone.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.