Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 12:14:33PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Neither gcc nor clang complain on my end, even with
> -Werror=maybe-uninitialized, because they understand that the status
> will be set anyway as we have no default in the switch?  :)
>
> You are right, this is bad practice for those code paths, so let's fix
> it.  Which version are you using?  I'd like to be able to reproduce
> that and double-check if there are more missing spots.

Hmm.  Forget that.  I can see the warnings once I switched to -O2,
which is what I guess you are doing.  Some animals are also showing
that.  I'll fix in a minute.  Thanks for the report!
--
Michael

Attachment