Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 11:42:58AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2020/12/02 10:41, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes
>
> Thanks for improving this!
> I got the following compiler failure. ISTM that the variable "status"
> in both pg_cryptohash_update() and pg_cryptohash_final() needs
> to be initialized with 0. Patch attached. Thought?

Neither gcc nor clang complain on my end, even with
-Werror=maybe-uninitialized, because they understand that the status
will be set anyway as we have no default in the switch?  :)

You are right, this is bad practice for those code paths, so let's fix
it.  Which version are you using?  I'd like to be able to reproduce
that and double-check if there are more missing spots.
--
Michael

Attachment