Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pgsql: Move SHA2 routines to a new generic API layer for crypto hashes
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 2020/12/02 12:21, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 12:14:33PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Neither gcc nor clang complain on my end, even with
>> -Werror=maybe-uninitialized, because they understand that the status
>> will be set anyway as we have no default in the switch?  :)
>>
>> You are right, this is bad practice for those code paths, so let's fix
>> it.  Which version are you using?  I'd like to be able to reproduce
>> that and double-check if there are more missing spots.
>
> Hmm.  Forget that.  I can see the warnings once I switched to -O2,
> which is what I guess you are doing.  Some animals are also showing
> that.  I'll fix in a minute.  Thanks for the report!

Thanks!

FWIW, I got that failure when I built PostgreSQL in github actions
using yml file [1]. The default setting -O2 is used there. Since -Werror
is used, I got the compiler failure than warning.

[1]
https://github.com/MasaoFujii/my-bin/blob/master/data/build.yml

Regards,

--