Re: [HACKERS] ecpg problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ecpg problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Dr. Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just found this one on my TODO list:
>
> The error message for "no data" in an exec sql insert select from statement
> has to be 100.
>
> It seems I cannot get that kind of information from libpq other than
> checking for the result being 0 tuples. But is this correct? Or are there
> possibilities to get 0 tuples? That is I get PQcmdTuples(results) = 0 with
> the return code being PGRES_COMMAND_OK.

Shouldn't you check for PGRES_TUPLES_OK ? I always check for this if I
want to know if a data select statement has succeeded. And this also
still allows PQntuples() == 0

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |