Re: [HACKERS] ecpg problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dr. Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ecpg problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 12:27:55PM +0200, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
> > It seems I cannot get that kind of information from libpq other than
> > checking for the result being 0 tuples. But is this correct? Or are there
> > possibilities to get 0 tuples? That is I get PQcmdTuples(results) = 0 with
> > the return code being PGRES_COMMAND_OK.
>
> Shouldn't you check for PGRES_TUPLES_OK ? I always check for this if I

No, the insert command doesn't return any tuples anyway. But then I don't
check for it either. libecpg has to work with every return value and so
checks them all. It just happens that the insert commend returns
PGRES_COMMAND_OK. :-)

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes        meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!    Use Debian GNU/Linux!