Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maarten Boekhold
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]
Date
List pgsql-general
> Exactly. I'm learning SQL and PostgreSQL at the same time and it is
> sometimes difficult for me to correctly assess what belongs with each. My
> recent GRANT/REVOKE question was like this. I didn't think for a minute
> that would be handled by SQL since databases were created and destroyed by
> PostgreSQL utilities.

In fact, they are handled by SQL: CREATE DATABASE and DROP DATABASE. The
createdb and destroydb tools just call these SQL statements....

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |