Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: SGVLLUG Oracle and Informix on Linux]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> > Exactly. I'm learning SQL and PostgreSQL at the same time and it is
> > sometimes difficult for me to correctly assess what belongs with each. My
> > recent GRANT/REVOKE question was like this. I didn't think for a minute
> > that would be handled by SQL since databases were created and destroyed by
> > PostgreSQL utilities.
>
> In fact, they are handled by SQL: CREATE DATABASE and DROP DATABASE. The
> createdb and destroydb tools just call these SQL statements....

    Here's an odd thought:

    Let's remove the "I don't want to think" utilities like
{create,destroy}{db,user} and force DBA's to actually use the *proper*
functions.

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org