Re: dump/restore problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrei Ivanov
Subject Re: dump/restore problem
Date
List pgsql-general

I've set the encoding to LATIN2 and everything worked fine... no encoding
errors and no memory allocation failures...

The tables where the memory failures occured are:

CREATE TABLE press_releases (
    id serial NOT NULL,
    title character varying(255) NOT NULL,
    body text NOT NULL,
    tdate date DEFAULT ('NOW'::text)::date NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE symbols (
    id serial NOT NULL,
    name character varying(255) NOT NULL,
    description text NOT NULL
);

I was previously trying with encoding set to SQL_ASCII, because that was
the encoding of the database from which the data was taken from and where
everything was working fine with php, but I was having troubles with java
displaying the characters wrong... now I'm trying to see if with the data
converted to unicode works.

Thanks.