Re: dump/restore problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dump/restore problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrei Ivanov <andrei.ivanov@ines.ro> writes:
> You will find more info attached.

I could not reproduce the "out of memory" failure using this information
(I got "invalid byte sequence" instead, on both of those COPY commands).
What exactly is the declaration of the tables being copied into?

> What about the invalid UNICODE data ? How can I fix it ?

It looks like your data is in a single-byte encoding, perhaps latin1 or
one of its siblings.  To convert to unicode you will first have to
identify just what encoding you're really using.  Then put a "set
client_encoding = whatever;" command at the top of the dump script (or
set it in postgresql.conf, if that seems easier) and you should be able
to import.

            regards, tom lane