Re: LIKE query running slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: LIKE query running slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Garrett Bladow wrote:

> Recently we upgraded the RAM in our server. After the install a LIKE
> query that used to take 5 seconds now takes 5 minutes. We have tried the
> usual suspects, VACUUM, ANALYZE and Re-indexing.

If you mean that you reinstalled postgresql then it's probably because you
before run the database with the "C" locale but now you run it with
something else.

If all you did was to install the extra memory then I don't see how that
can affect it at all (especially so if you have not altered
postgresql.conf to make use of more memory).

--
/Dennis