Re: Case sensitivity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Ferguson
Subject Re: Case sensitivity
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok the way around this is

SELECT * FROM table WHERE LOWER(name) = LOWER('Word');
SEELCT * FROM table WHERE UPPER(name) = UPPER('Word');

Note that if you have indexes on these fields then they will not work when
upper and lower are used.

To use an index create an index on upper or lower name depending upon what
you want to use

HTH

Darren Ferguson

--