ERWin 3.5.2 and Postgres ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject ERWin 3.5.2 and Postgres ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy all,

I'm trying to use ERWin (from Computer Associates) to do some data
modeling against a postgres 7.2.1 database using the Windows ODBC
Drivers. I have been able to get connection and reverse engineering
going although I do have some datatype matches I need to work out. The
main issue I am having now is the apparent lack of proper FK/PK
implementation. I know that it understands the concepts of foreign keys
since I can add them manually, however I can seem to get it to engineer
any references/triggers in the schema, nor does it seem to recognize
them coming from the database. Info in the archives is pretty thin, but
I think I have followed every lead to no avail. One thing I did find was
a posting from Ned Lilly (ned@greatbridge.com) mentioning both success
and documentation regarding ODBC/ERWin but unfortunately the link points
to the docs section of the old greatbridge website. Looking in the
current docs on the website and at techdocs I can't seem to find any
corresponding documents, might anyone know what/where this documentation
is? Or perhaps have resolved this issue themselves? Thanks in advance,

Robert Treat