Re: no space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: no space left on device
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> >> [postgres - DB]$ df -m .
> >> Filesystem           1M-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> >> -                        63328     55308      4803  93% /
>
> > Do you have root access to it?  if so, set the reserved space for root to
> > be 0%, and then try vacuuming.  Vacuuming requires some free space, and
> > since you're pretty much out, it isn't gonna be able to complete.
>
> Look again --- it's showing free space in MB not KB.  He's got 4.8GB
> free.  (Although that might be free-from-root's-point-of-view, rather
> than what an unprivileged user can use ...)

Good catch.  I'm so used to using raw df output...

Yeah, it looks like root's reserved space is getting him to me, but since
it's the root partition, it's possible it's out of inodes as well.

Aurangzeb, try running df -i to see how many inodes you have left...