Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem
Date
List pgsql-general
FYI, "" does NOT equal NULL does not equal 0.

If an application wishes to store a null value, it should store a null
value, not a blank value.

Since blanks are not allowed in integers, the only legal value for CF to
store is either NULL or 0.

If you attempt to store '' or "" into an integer column, you should get an
error.

CF's lack of support for nulls is their issue, and one of the dozens of
reasons I switched development from that to PHP in my shop.

I would guess this might be a known and fixed bug in cold fusion.  Have
you checked for updates on their site yet?

A database application language that doesn't understand NULLs is broken,
and needs to be fixed.