Re: more contrib: log rotator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: more contrib: log rotator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> > Hey, do you guys think that a setting of silent_mode = false might affect
> > no log files getting created?
>
> No, but setting it to true would be bad news.

That's what I'd meant actually.  I had to turn of silent mode...  You know
you're having a bad day when your email explaining how stupid you are is
factually incorrect. :-)
If anyone wants the diff, here it is:

22c22
<   $CMDNAME start   [-w] [-D DATADIR] [-s] [-l FILENAME] [-o \"OPTIONS\"]
---
>   $CMDNAME start   [-w] [-D DATADIR] [-s] [-r DURATION] [-l FILENAME]
[-o \"OPTIONS\"]
39a40,41
>   -r DURATION             invoke log rotation with DURATION seconds
>                           between rotation of files.
155a158,161
>       -r)
>           DURATION="$2"