RE: Re: Replace MSSQL by PostgreSQL ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 100.179370@germanynet.de (Martin Jacobs)
Subject RE: Re: Replace MSSQL by PostgreSQL ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 28 May 2001, Pruner Jan wrote:

> Hi, Pieter,
>     there is no problem with ODBC, but
> you have to move your database architecture to PostgreSQL.
> There are some problems with the the lack of SQL compatibleness between MS &
> PG (of course - no standard).
>
> MS use getdate() to get current_timestamp etc.
>
> I stopped porting because I have table 'name' on MS, but on PG is it
> impossible.

Hi,

The reason is PG's built in data type 'name'. As your
databases superuser you may drop this data type, then you can
create tables named 'name' :-)

If you don't need type 'name' do

    DROP TYPE name;

Then you can do

    CREATE table name (...);

Dipl-Ing. Martin Jacobs * Windsbach * Germany
Registered Linux User #87175, http://counter.li.org/