Re: Install with Apache/PHP (Was "Stubborn Multibyte") - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Einar Karttunen
Subject Re: Install with Apache/PHP (Was "Stubborn Multibyte")
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Karen Ellrick wrote:

> during PHP's make:
>    In file included from pgsql.c:29:
>    php_pgsql.h:32: postgres.h: No such file or directory
>
> Anyone done this before, and had this message?  I am using the same tarballs
> for PHP and Apache that I used on the previous two installations.  After it
> failed the first time, I even tried untarring the previously used tarball
> for postgresql (7.0.2) and pointing to it during configure, but the same
> error appeared.  There are no shortage of files called postgres.h on the
> machine, but I don't know where it is looking, and I don't think I should
> have to start disecting the Makefile.  It worked before, so it shouldn't be
> a typo or incompatibility, should it?

I think a quick solution would be to include the directory where
postgres.h resides to path. It is by no means an answer to the problem but
should help if you just need things to work.

eg. export PATH=/usr/local/postgres/include:$PATH
    replace /usr/local/postgres/include with the path to postgres.h

- Einar Karttunen