Re: missing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: missing data
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Perkins writes:

> I'm running postgresql 6.5 on Red Hat Linux 6.2 and have run into a
> situation where I am able to open a database connection using psql yet
> there is no trace of any tables in the database even though all the data
> files are present when I browse the database directory.

Depending on your definition of "no trace", this might work:  Try

select relname, relowner from pg_class;

If this shows table names that sound familiar, then it is likely that the
user indicated by "relowner" disappeared.  Look into the table pg_shadow
to make sure some user's usesysid column matches relowner.  (It's safe to
change these with update commands.)