Re: re-instalation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: re-instalation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> I had to re-compile and re-install postgresql-7.1-beta1.
> I changed the directory where it was installed from /usr/local/pgsql to
> /dbs/postgres/. After re-installing I copied the data/ directory that was
> under the old instalation to where I have the new instalation.
> After a bit of work I got it to work, but when I conect to any of the
> databases I see tables that don't belong there:

You probably should have used pg_dumpall to backup the databases and
restore them after the rebuild.  That's a more reliable way of migrating
your data.

> horde=# \dt
>          List of relations
>       Name       | Type  |  Owner
> -----------------+-------+----------
>  active_sessions | table | postgres
>  imp_addr        | table | postgres
>  imp_pref        | table | postgres
>  pga_forms       | table | postgres
>  pga_queries     | table | postgres
>  pga_reports     | table | postgres
>  pga_schema      | table | postgres
>  pga_scripts     | table | postgres
> (8 rows)
>
> Any ideas why those pg* tables are there?

Those are system tables created and used by pgAccess.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
        -- Saint Jerome