Re: PostgreSQL HOWTO - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: PostgreSQL HOWTO
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > I do not see how it puts the Postgres community in a bad light, although I
> > do see how the author is a moron.
>
> People think that it's an official PostgreSQL document. It turned up in a
> discussion (PostgreSQL vs. MySQL round 1000) as "the PostgreSQL docs".

Even earlier on, a lot of people portested the document because it used to
misleadingly be called the "Database HOWTO", even though it only
specifically talked about PostgreSQL.  However, that was the document that
first led me to PostgreSQL, about 2 years before I even knew MySQL
existed...

-- Brett                                    http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
Q:    How many IBM CPU's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A:    33.  1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.