Re: Synchronizing Data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Tille
Subject Re: Synchronizing Data?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Steve Wolfe wrote:

>    It seems like it's not something that needs to be done in real-time.  Am
> I correct?  If so, then soing a pg_dumpall, gzip it up, and restore on the
> other server is probably the way to go.
I developed a realy not time critical Web-Site (small project, but will
grow later on).  If I change something in the web database on my client
behind the firewall I build a Debian package containing the pg_dump and
some additional information (mainly changes file) and upload the
Debian file to the server outside the firewall.  There I only have to
   apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
and the new database is installed.  Should work also for RPMs.  Not
the best solution but works in my (not time critical) case.

Kind regards

         Andreas.