Database (table) recovery / restoration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Kutschker
Subject Database (table) recovery / restoration
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I'm rather new on pgsql and on this list, so forgive me if this question has been asked (and answered) before. But I
couldnot find a answer on the webstite or the archive. The question is, are there any recovery tools if a database has
beencorrupted?

My db (that is one table) has been destroyed by an cut-and-paste action of a web interface (text area content is being
insertedinto a table). While accessing this table pgsql tells me something about a client that has been doing a
prematuredisconnect or something to this affect.

For now I have copied the unix file of the table and recreated the table. Ist there any chance I can restore the data
ofthe table? Should I have also saved any other files?

Masi

PS: I know, I know, I should have done regular backups...