deadlock timeout? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Micah Anderson
Subject deadlock timeout?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

        Does anyone know what the postgresql option deadlock_timeout does? I
haven't been able to find any good docs.  The config file
(/etc/postgresql/pg_options) just says its how long to wait before deciding
that there is a deadlock, but does this refer to idle connections or
situations where a query is blocked waiting for a lock?  I thought timing
out idle connections might be useful in trouble shooting some postgres
problems that we are having given that we are seeing a steadily increasing
number of database connections.  All these idle connections can't be
helping.

Thanks!
Micah

--
Micah Anderson
Collective Technologies

"To be and not to do is not to be at all"