Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
Re: Slashdot discussion  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Slashdot discussion  (Andrew Sullivan <sullivana@bpl.on.ca>)
Re: Slashdot discussion  (Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu>)
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian writes:

> OK, thanks to the www.phpbuilder.com PostgreSQL/MySQL comparison, there
> is another PostgreSQL/MySQL thread on shashdot.org.  Looks interesting,
> and of course, we are looking good too.

Is anyone else noticing this: Everytime this sort of thing comes up a
number of people invariably tell that they are using MySQL because it's
easier to install, and that PostgreSQL is difficult ("a pain") to install.

I've studied the MySQL installation instructions, and they don't strike me
as inherently simpler. Is it only perception, or what can we do better?