Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Travis Bauer
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
List pgsql-general
Once I ran into a guy who said that the postgres rpm was broken in Red Hat
5.2.  This was when I was first getting into postgres.  I spent some time
with it and realized that there were a number of things that had to be
done before it would work: creating the postgres users, initializing the
database, getting something into rc.d so it would boot up
automatically.  The RPM was not broken, but it was a pain to get postgres
running unless you spent some time reading about it.  My experience with
MySQL was less painful, although dealing with user permissions was more
complex.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer