Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oleg Broytmann
Subject Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE  ("Albert REINER" <areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>)
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Albert REINER wrote:
> I.e., I can VACUUM, but I cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE. Why should analyze
> do an ABORT? By the way, I do not notice any strange behavior with
> this database, and pg_dump works fine on it.
  Once I saw similar behaviour. I found thta the problem was in broken
strcoll() function in glibc2; I compiled Postgres with locale support.
After upgrading (Debain GNU/Linux 2.0 to 2.1) I got newer libc, and the
problem gone away.  What system/config you are running? OS, compiler, postgres version,
compilation flags?

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.