Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [SQL] Can VACUUM, but cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-sql
Oleg Broytmann wrote: >On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Albert REINER wrote: >> I.e., I can VACUUM, but I cannot do VACUUM ANALYZE.
Whyshould analyze >> do an ABORT? By the way, I do not notice any strange behavior with >> this database, and pg_dump
worksfine on it. > >   Once I saw similar behaviour. I found thta the problem was in broken >strcoll() function in
glibc2;I compiled Postgres with locale support. >After upgrading (Debain GNU/Linux 2.0 to 2.1) I got newer libc, and
the>problem gone away. >   What system/config you are running? OS, compiler, postgres version, >compilation flags?

There was also a specific vacuum analyze bug in vc_abort, fixed in 6.5.2.
The error log showed something like

ERROR:  vacuum: can't destroy lock file!
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

See the pgsql-hackers archive around 10th and 13th August.

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "I press toward the mark for the prize of the
high     calling of God in Christ Jesus."                                           Philippians 3:14