Re: Table and Fields comment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Table and Fields comment
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 t.ngockhoi@bpf.vnu.com wrote:

> Any body can't tell me howto add somme table fields comment. I don't
> find it in any meta-data table ?.

This is for PostgreSQL 7.1.3

raanders=> \h comment
Command:     COMMENT
Syntax:
COMMENT ON
[
  [ DATABASE | INDEX | RULE | SEQUENCE | TABLE | TYPE | VIEW ]
  object_name |
  COLUMN table_name.column_name|
  AGGREGATE agg_name agg_type|
  FUNCTION func_name (arg1, arg2, ...)|
  OPERATOR op (leftoperand_type rightoperand_type) |
  TRIGGER trigger_name ON table_name
] IS 'text'

Rod
--