Re: Database design? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject Re: Database design?
Date
List pgsql-general
If your books, ebooks, etc are in one table, why can't
the descriptions be in one table?  The primary key
would be the unique item id from your original table.
You could have a columns for item id (the primary
key), item type (book, ebook, etc) and a separate
description column for each language.  Would this work
for you?

Best of luck,

Andrew