Re: [GENERAL] datatype questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aleksey Dashevsky
Subject Re: [GENERAL] datatype questions
Date
Re: [GENERAL] datatype questions  (Brian <signal@shreve.net>)
List pgsql-general

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Brian wrote:

> I am trying to convert a table into PostgresSQL from MySQL, and had a few
> questions:
>
> CREATE TABLE forum (
>   id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   name varchar(30),
>   email varchar(100),
>   topic varchar(50),
>   body blob,
>   host varchar(50),
>   thread int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>   datestamp datetime DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' NOT NULL,
>   KEY datestamp (datestamp),
>   PRIMARY KEY (id),
>   KEY thread (thread)
> );
>
> 1. Where in the documentation can you look to find what "modifiers" are
> supported by postgres after the declaration of the field.  such as NOT
> NULL, PRIMARY KEY, KEY, DEFAULT, UNIQUE, etc.  I call them modifiers but
> what are they really called?

Please, check PostgreSQL manual pages.
Also, there are HTMLized version  of mans on the Web:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/man/
What do you exactly need:  create_table(l) , create_sequence(l) and
create_index(l) pages.

Aleksey.