Re: [GENERAL] datatype questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Antonio Garcia Mari
Subject Re: [GENERAL] datatype questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, you're porting phorum to postgres. I've done the work before.

http://www.at4.net/phorum

Check the download page to get the sources.

And this is the sql for the table you want to create:

CREATE SEQUENCE forum_id_s INCREMENT 1 START 1;
CREATE TABLE forum (
  id int4 DEFAULT nextval('forum_id_s') NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
  name varchar(30),
  email varchar(100),
  topic varchar(50),
  body text,
  host varchar(50),
  thread int4 DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  datestamp datetime DEFAULT 'now()' NOT NULL
);

> On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Brian wrote:
>
> > I am trying to convert a table into PostgresSQL from MySQL, and had a few
> > questions:
> >
> > CREATE TABLE forum (
> >   id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
> >   name varchar(30),
> >   email varchar(100),
> >   topic varchar(50),
> >   body blob,
> >   host varchar(50),
> >   thread int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
> >   datestamp datetime DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00' NOT NULL,
> >   KEY datestamp (datestamp),
> >   PRIMARY KEY (id),
> >   KEY thread (thread)
> > );
> >
> > 1. Where in the documentation can you look to find what "modifiers" are
> > supported by postgres after the declaration of the field.  such as NOT
> > NULL, PRIMARY KEY, KEY, DEFAULT, UNIQUE, etc.  I call them modifiers but
> > what are they really called?
>
> Please, check PostgreSQL manual pages.
> Also, there are HTMLized version  of mans on the Web:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/man/
> What do you exactly need:  create_table(l) , create_sequence(l) and
> create_index(l) pages.
>
> Aleksey.

Antonio Garcia Mari
Mallorca (Spain)