Re: [GENERAL] Q: How to convert int to date? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mattias Kregert
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Q: How to convert int to date?
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrice Hédé wrote:

> Forget my first reply, there is no date(text) function either...

Yes, I know. I thought pg would automagically cast to 'unknown'
when it could not find a valid conversion, and then try again.
Perhaps that could solve many problems.

> But you can do that :
>
> test=> select test, (test+19000000)::text::datetime::date from testint;
>   test|      date
> 980101|01-01-1998
> 971121|21-11-1997
> 720306|06-03-1972
> (3 rows)
>
> The test field is a int4 field, so you can do that (not very nice, but it
> works) :)
>
> Hope this helps !

Yes! It does. This is exactly what I want! Thank you!

/* m */