importing into postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Heflin
Subject importing into postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using the IMPORT Table feature of pgaccess to import a .txt file.
I've done this before and usually have no problems..

The table I'm importing into however has a field which I intended to be an
auto numbering field.. INT DEFAULT nextval('team_id') and I have a
sequence of team_id

however when I try to import my .txt file, I can't leave the "team_id"
blank, it complains because it can't be a NULL value.. I can't manually
insert a number in the .txt file either.

I was hoping to import these items then just run update.. to get my
'team_id'

I also tried adding nextval('team_id') in my .txt file for that field no
luck.

any suggestions?

Kevin
Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net