RE: [ANNOUNCE] Revamp'd Web Site...

From
"Jackson, DeJuan"
Date:
It's fine now when I first looked at it , it still had the old
navigation bar down the side of it.
        -DEJ

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:
>
> > Fix:
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.shtml
>
> You'll have to help me out a little here...just looked at it, and it
> *looks* okay to me...
>

> > >     I just did a relatively major cleanup of the WWW site, and am
> > > looking for feedback.
> > >
> > >     Bsically, I was growing tired of looking at the site, and
> > > constantly reloading the same data over and over again (the
> 'index' on
> > > the
> > > left, for starters).
> > >
> > >     I think the new format looks okay, and believe I've covered over
> > > any 'errors' that would creep in, but if anyone finds any, please
> let
> > > me
> > > know?
> > >
> > >     The mirrors won't see it until tonight, but if you want to go
> > > look
> > > at it now, check out:
> > >
> > >     http://www.postgresql.org/index.html

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Revamp'd Web Site...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> It's fine now when I first looked at it , it still had the old
> navigation bar down the side of it.

Ah, okay, that was what Bruce beat me to fix already then :)

>         -DEJ
>
> > On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:
> >
> > > Fix:
> > >     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.shtml
> >
> > You'll have to help me out a little here...just looked at it, and it
> > *looks* okay to me...

> > 'index' on

> > let

importing into postgres

From
Kevin Heflin
Date:
I'm using the IMPORT Table feature of pgaccess to import a .txt file.
I've done this before and usually have no problems..

The table I'm importing into however has a field which I intended to be an
auto numbering field.. INT DEFAULT nextval('team_id') and I have a
sequence of team_id

however when I try to import my .txt file, I can't leave the "team_id"
blank, it complains because it can't be a NULL value.. I can't manually
insert a number in the .txt file either.

I was hoping to import these items then just run update.. to get my
'team_id'

I also tried adding nextval('team_id') in my .txt file for that field no
luck.

any suggestions?

Kevin
Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net