Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, 21 May 1998, Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:

> We are going to give all our shell users access to Postgres so that
> every user has their own database that they use as much as they like but
> so that they can't create new databases. Also these databases should be
> totaly private to the user that owns it (ok, the "postgres" should have
> access to them) so that nobbody else can
> connect/select/insert/update/create/drop/etc.

The short answer: use the 'createuser' command via the postgres superuser
and follow the instructions

The long answer: read the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide.  It describes
it more detail how to set up users and access to different databases.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972