Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kaj-Michael Lang
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Access setting for users, problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
>> We are going to give all our shell users access to Postgres so that
>> every user has their own database that they use as much as they like but
>> so that they can't create new databases. Also these databases should be
>> totaly private to the user that owns it (ok, the "postgres" should have
>> access to them) so that nobbody else can
>> connect/select/insert/update/create/drop/etc.
>
>The short answer: use the 'createuser' command via the postgres superuser
>and follow the instructions
>
>The long answer: read the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide.  It describes
>it more detail how to set up users and access to different databases.

I did just that... but it did't say anything about howto restrict a db to just ONE user. I wan't it so that *only* the
ownerof the db has access to it. I haven't found anything in the docs on this.

| Kaj-Michael Lang        | WWW:    http://www.tal.org               |
| Kaskentie 5 C9          | E-Mail: milang@tal.org                   |
| 20720 Turku             |         milang@onion.sip.fi              |
| FINLAND                 |         milang@infa.abo.fi               |
| GSM: +358-(0)40-5271058 | FTP:    ftp://ftp.tal.org                |
|     CS@ÅA      DBMS&CGI&PHP&HelpDesk&PTRoot&Coding@SIP Ltd         |
| Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds |