Re: Are indexes blown? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Are indexes blown?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> The top output shows httpd on top, and sometimes postmaster, but I don't
> know how to repeatedly capture it. Any suggestions?

Try this:

top -bc | tee topdata

That will save everything to a file called topdata while also letting you
watch it scroll by.  Not as easy to catch the bad periods that way, the
output is going to be a huge data file, but you'll have a log to sort
through of everything.  Control-C to get out of there when you're bored.