Metadata/ODBC query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jerry.evans@chordia
Subject Metadata/ODBC query
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I'm experimenting with PostgreSQL 8.3.0 on Windows connecting via ODBC. One curiosity so far is this:

If I use pgAdmin and run "SELECT catalog_name FROM Information_Schema.Schemata" I get data back as expected.

If I connect via ODBC and issue the same query I don't see any data. SQLFetch() simply returns SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND. Both ODBC test apps work fine when accessing the same server/database running queries such as "SELECT table_name FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_type = 'BASE TABLE'"

I'm using the latest psqlODBC Windows installer from the web site. The driver is set to show system tables ...

Any clues?

Thanks.

Jerry.