Re: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Bill Middleton wrote:

> Hello and thanks for for the efforts.  I've noticed that your XA
> implementation does not formally implement javax.sql.DataSource.  I felt
> pretty sure that this was a simple oversight, given that BaseDataSource
> provides complete compatibility with the DataSource interface.  I patched
> thusly:

The javadoc doesn't have XADataSource extending Datasource so we didn't
either.

> and now Hibernate happily accepts the postgresql XA using JTA.

Are you sure this works completely?  How is Hiberate able to access any
XA things if it's only using a regular Datasource/Connection?

Kris Jurka