Re: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: PGXADataSource does not implement DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Bill Middleton wrote:
> Hello and thanks for for the efforts.  I've noticed that your XA
> implementation does not formally implement javax.sql.DataSource.  I felt
> pretty sure that this was a simple oversight, given that BaseDataSource
> provides complete compatibility with the DataSource interface.  I patched
> thusly:

I'm not sure that's a smart a smart thing to do. I don't think there's a
requirement for XADataSource implementations to implement DataSource as
well. If that was the case, surely XADataSource interface would inherit
DataSource to enforce that. If we declare that PGXADataSource implements
DataSource, then one can erroneously configure the container to use
PGXADataSource in normal DataSource-mode. In fact I suspect that's the
case in your environment as well.

Can you provide a simple test case involving Hibernate so that I can try
this out myself? What's in your hibernate config file?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas