Re: SSL confirmation - No trusted certificate found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: SSL confirmation - No trusted certificate found
Date
Re: SSL confirmation - (could not accept SSL connection: sslv3 alert certificate unknown )  (Andrew M <andrew@jibeya.com>)
List pgsql-general

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Andrew M wrote:

> jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydatabase?ssl
>
> When I launch Jboss, which handles the connection to postgresql, I get
> the following error:
>
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
> sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Difficult to say.  Perhaps JBoss is deciding to use an alternate
truststore?  Perhaps it doesn't like your cert setup.  I would suggest
first running a simple client program to test that it's working first.
Also adding -Djavax.net.debug=ssl to the java command will help debugging
ssl problems.

Further the 8.0 JDBC driver can create SSL connnections without doing
authentication by adding using an additional url parameter:

sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory

You should try to get it to authenticate correctly, but this is another
useful test point.

Kris Jurka