Re: SSL confirmation - No trusted certificate found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew M
Subject Re: SSL confirmation - No trusted certificate found
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok,

spoke to quickly! I am following the example here:

<bold>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-08/msg00110.php</bold>

for ssl support in postgreSQL jdbc (<bold>DriverVersion:PostgreSQL
8.0devel JDBC3 with SSL (build 308)</bold>). When I get to the final
stage, copying the certificate into the java keystore:

<bold>keytool -keystore [your java home here]/lib/security/cacerts
-alias [any name for the cert you like (i.e. postgres)] -import -file
server.crt.der</bold>

I get the following message:

<bold>Trust this certificate? [no]:</bold>

I enter <bold>yes</bold> and get:

<bold>Certificate was added to keystore

</bold>I add ssl to my connection string:

<bold>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydatabase?ssl

</bold>When I launch Jboss, which handles the connection to
postgresql, I get the following error:

<bold>javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

</bold>What am I doing wrong here????

many thanks

Andrew<bold>

</bold>