TPC (was Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject TPC (was Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4 others)
Date
List pgsql-general
A more interesting benchmark would be to compare TPC/C results on same
kind of hardware other vendors use for THEIR TPC benchmarks, which are
posted on tpc.org, as well as comparing price/performance of each.

TPC as run by company 'commissioned by GB' cannot be validated and
accepted into TPC database, they must be run under close supervision by
TPC-approved monitors. I hope GB actually springs for the price of running
the REAL TPC benchmark (last I heard it was around 25k$).

To see how postgres performs on low-end (for TPC low-end is <8 processors)
would be interesting to say the least.

A problem with a real TPC is the strong suggestion to run a transaction
manager, to improve speed. No transaction manager supports postgres yet.

Another note on TPC is that they require to include as a final price
support contract, on which GreatBridge should be able to compete.