Re: TPC (was Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4others) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: TPC (was Great Bridge benchmark results for Postgres, 4others)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Alex,

Absolutely, as I said, we did this benchmarking for our own internal due diligence in
understanding PostgreSQL's capabilities.  It's not intended to be a formal big-iron TPC
test, like you see at tpc.org.  The software we used was one commercial vendor's
implementation of the published AS3AP and TPC-C specs - it's the same one used by a lot
of trade magazines.

Benchmarking will be a significant part of Great Bridge's ongoing contribution to the
PostgreSQL community - starting with these relatively simple tests, and scaling up to
larger systems over time.

Regards,
Ned