Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
okay, not sure how we should document this, but apparently pg_dumpall
doesn't work as the man page at:

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/app-pgdumpall.htm

appears to suggest:

==========================
%pg_dumpall -h pgsql
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user pgsql, database
template1
\connect template1
select datdba into table tmp_pg_shadow       from pg_database where
datname = 'template1';
delete from pg_shadow where usesysid <> tmp_pg_shadow.datdba;
drop table tmp_pg_shadow;
copy pg_shadow from stdin;
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user pgsql, database
template1
\.
delete from pg_group;
copy pg_group from stdin;
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user pgsql, database
template1
\.
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user pgsql, database
template1

Now, I swore I did a 'setenv PGHOST db.hub.org' to get around it, and it
still failed, but now its working ... most confusing :(

But, still, pg_dumpall doesn't appear to accept the -h option in v7.0.3