Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?
Date
Re: Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?  (darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain))
List pgsql-hackers
No errors, nothing ... here is the backend:

%bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2001-04-10 15:04:08 ADT
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 1522068)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 1522068); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 615; NextOid: 18720
DEBUG:  database system is in production state
DEBUG:  copy: line 445, XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  XLogWrite: new log file created - consider increasing WAL_FILES
DEBUG:  MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000000000000

and I ran the restore in 'script' to save everything, and as:

psql -q template1 < pg_dumpall.out

and there are no errors in the resultant file ...

For all intensive purposes, the restore *looked* clean ... but, going back
and looking at the dump file, the dump wasn't clean *puzzled look*

I'm going to have to look at this some more, but its pg_dumpall in v7.0.3
that is dumping the wrong data, not the restore :(

all 77 databases got dump'd as the same database:

You are now connected to database wind.
wind=# \d              List of relations          Name           |   Type   |  Owner
--------------------------+----------+---------buy                      | table    | jeffbuy_bid_seq              |
sequence| jeffclients_c_id_seq         | sequence | jeffcppvad_clients           | table    |
jeffcppvad_clients_cc_id_seq| sequence | jeffcppvad_info              | table    | jeffcppvad_info_cid_seq      |
sequence| jeffdownload                 | table    | jeffdownload_dlid_seq        | sequence | jeffexchange
  | table    | jeffexchange_exid_seq        | sequence | jeffgallery                  | table    | scrappylisting
          | table    | area902listing_lid_seq          | sequence | area902ndict10                  | table    |
pgsqlndict11                 | table    | pgsqlndict12                  | table    | pgsqlndict16                  |
table   | pgsqlndict2                   | table    | pgsqlndict3                   | table    | pgsqlndict32
     | table    | pgsqlndict4                   | table    | pgsqlndict5                   | table    | pgsqlndict6
             | table    | pgsqlndict7                   | table    | pgsqlndict8                   | table    |
pgsqlndict9                  | table    | pgsqlprojects                 | table    | scrappythepress                 |
table   | jeffthepress_id_seq          | sequence | jeffticket                   | table    | pgsqlticket_comments
   | table    | pgsqlticket_ticket_id_seq     | sequence | pgsqlticket_times             | table    | pgsql

(34 rows)
wind=# \connect viper
You are now connected to database viper.
viper=# \d              List of relations          Name           |   Type   |  Owner
--------------------------+----------+---------buy                      | table    | jeffbuy_bid_seq              |
sequence| jeffclients_c_id_seq         | sequence | jeffcppvad_clients           | table    |
jeffcppvad_clients_cc_id_seq| sequence | jeffcppvad_info              | table    | jeffcppvad_info_cid_seq      |
sequence| jeffdownload                 | table    | jeffdownload_dlid_seq        | sequence | jeffexchange
  | table    | jeffexchange_exid_seq        | sequence | jeffgallery                  | table    | scrappylisting
          | table    | area902listing_lid_seq          | sequence | area902ndict10                  | table    |
pgsqlndict11                 | table    | pgsqlndict12                  | table    | pgsqlndict16                  |
table   | pgsqlndict2                   | table    | pgsqlndict3                   | table    | pgsqlndict32
     | table    | pgsqlndict4                   | table    | pgsqlndict5                   | table    | pgsqlndict6
             | table    | pgsqlndict7                   | table    | pgsqlndict8                   | table    |
pgsqlndict9                  | table    | pgsqlprojects                 | table    | scrappythepress                 |
table   | jeffthepress_id_seq          | sequence | jeffticket                   | table    | pgsqlticket_comments
   | table    | pgsqlticket_ticket_id_seq     | sequence | pgsqlticket_times             | table    | pgsql

(34 rows)

neat ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org