Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Burton
Subject Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?
Date
Re: Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> all I did was use pg_dumpall from v7.0.3 to dump to a text file, and
> "psql template1 < dumpfile" to load it back in again ...
>
> obviously this doesn't work like it has in the past?

Marc --

Was there an error message during restore?

I've been dumping/restoring w/7.1 since long before beta, w/o real
problems, but haven't been doing this w/7.0.3 stuff. But still, psql
should give you some error messages.

(I'm sure you know this, but for the benefit of others on the list)
In Linux, I usually use the command)
  psql dbname < dumpfile 2>&1 | grep ERROR

so that I don't miss any errors among the all the NOTICEs

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>